What is java ?
Java is the most widely used programming language and the preferred language for Android development. It is an object-oriented programming language that is used to create web and desktop applications and it is based on classes.
Java is not only a programming language, but also a collection of tools that cover practically every aspect of Java development.
The history of java
It all began in the early 1990s, when the Sun Microsystems team began working on a more portable, novice-friendly version of C++ that included automatic memory management. The study culminated in the invention of a whole new language, and the name was chosen from among dozens of suggestions made in the conference room, And that name was “Java” .
What is Java used for?
We may create a variety of apps with java for various reasons. The following apps may be created with Java technology:
- Web-based Applications
- Mobile App Development
- Desktop GUI Applications
- Gaming Applications
- Big Data Technologies
- Distributed Applications
- IoT Applications
- Cloud-based Applications
- Used for Server-Side Technologies like Apache, JBoss, GlassFish, etc.
- Create a single piece of code that can be executed on practically any computing platform.
- It is platform agnostic. Some programs written on one system can also be run on another.
- It is one of the most user-friendly programming languages.
- It’s a multithreaded language with memory management that’s done automatically.
- It’s designed for the Internet’s dispersed environment.
- It is intended for the development of object-oriented applications.
Drawbacks of programming in Java
Before you start afresh, you should be aware of the disadvantages of Java.
- Java is sluggish and performs poorly.
- Java’s graphical user interface isn’t particularly appealing.
- It demands a large amount of RAM.
- Java does not have a backup feature.
- Codes that are both verbose and complex.
Statistics of java
- There are ten million Java developers in the globe.
- It’s the most popular programming language among programmers.
- Java is installed on 97 percent of Enterprise Desktops.
- The most popular development platform is still Java.
- It is installed on 4 billion mobile phones.
- It’s installed on 150 million television sets.
- Java ME is shipped by 5 of the top 5 original equipment manufacturers.